Recipe type: Entree
Beef Noodles is a Cambodian food recipe with sirloin and broccoli.
- 3 dried black mushrooms
- 1½ tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ c. chicken broth or water
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. beef sirloin tip, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 c. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- hot rice noodles or egg noodles
- In a small bowl, soak black mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain well in a colander and shred, discarding the stems.
- In another small bowl, stir together cornstarch and broth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp. oil over high heat for 1 minute. Add meat and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until beef is tender and nearly all brown. Place meat in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash skillet or wok and dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in wok over high heat for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until nearly tender.
- Add broccoli and stir well. Stir cornstarch-broth mixture and add to vegetables. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper, and meat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve hot with noodles.