Stir-Fried Meat with Basil
Recipe type: Entree
Stir-Fried Meat with Basil is a Cambodian food recipe with spicy and crunchy vegetables.
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. beef sirloin tip, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ to 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp. oil over high heat for 1 minute. Add meat and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until beef begins to turn brown. Place meat in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash skillet or wok and dry thoroughly.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, and peppers and stir well. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until mushrooms and peppers are soft.
- Add meat, fish sauce, and sugar and stir well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add basil, stir-fry just until leaves wilt (about 10 seconds).
- Serve hot over rice.