Recipe type: Entree
Satay is a Cambodian food recipe for meat skewers.
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ lb. pork loin, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1½ c. coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients and mix well. Cover pork with fish sauce marinade and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a deep saucepan, mix remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until well mixed. Place this coconut-peanut butter sauce in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Soak 8- or 10-inch bamboo skewers in water for half an hour so they won’t catch fire in the broiler.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Thread pork onto skewers accordion style. When oven is preheated, broil pork for 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning often so all sides are cooked evenly.
- Serve hot with bowls of the coconut-peanut butter sauce for dipping.