Recipe type: Entree
Ginger Chicken is a Cambodian Food Recipe for sauteed chicken in a ginger sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 500g ginger, cut into strips
- 5 spring onions
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli (long)
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce leaves for decoration
- Use two frying pans. In one pan, heat the oil, add garlic, pinch of sugar and chicken breasts. Cook for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- In the second pan add a generous amount of cooking oil. Heat gently and, when hot, add the ginger.
- Cook gently on a medium to low heat until the ginger has lost some of its heat. Do a taste test. Reheat the chicken, add the ginger, and in the last minute of cooking add the sliced spring onions.
- Serve cold on a plate of lettuce leaves.
- Eat with rice.