Recipe type: Entree
Beef Curry is a Cambodian food recipe with thick curry.
- 2 c. coconut milk
- 1 lb. stewing beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bottom one-third finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. lemon rind, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, minced
- basil leaves or sliced red chilies for garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring coconut milk to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 1½ to 2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Serve hot over rice. Garnish with basil or sliced red chilies.